Thursday, November 8, 2007

Monkeys


Even though I haven't been able to knit on these socks lately (due to there being a quickly approaching deadline on Shedir), I apparently haven't even posted any pictures of my first ever sock.

First, let me say that I love this pattern. It makes sense (very important in a knitting pattern). It also hides ladders fairly well because of how the lace pattern works - a very important factor for this newbie knitter who still suffers from ladders... I'm working on it! I knit this sock up in about 2 weeks... so, I know I can get the other one done before too terribly long... I'm holding it out as the prize when I get done with all my gift knitting.

I'm really pleased with the fit. I have small feet (between US size 4 and 6). The smallest women's socks (that you can buy in the store) typically say they are for women's sizes 7-9 meaning that there is a LOT of sock left over on my toe. Not these socks. They fit perfectly. I love it.

1 comment:

Theresa said...

You won my contest - congrats! Email me your mailing address.