Monday, December 17, 2007

FO: Fetching


DSC_0011, originally uploaded by hannah8ball.

As promised, photos of a finished fetching. I used WoolEase again with this one as it is a gift to my office mate (who loved them BTW).

Mods: I did this without a thumb, mods as follows:

Replace the instructions from Work 18 rounds in 4x1 Rib to Work 4 rounds in 4x1 Rib with the following:

Work 16 rounds in 4 x 1 Rib. For the next 8 rounds you will be working back and forth to create the thumb opening. Use your circular needle/DPN as if they were straight needles. Be sure to knit the knits and purl the purls.

At the end of round 8, join work and continue working in the round.

When I make these for myself, I intend to make them a bit longer and may take out a repeat so that it fits closer on my hand/arm. This was my first time doing something other than the long-tail cast on and I must say I was impressed with the cable cast-on's stretchiness. I'm definitely adding that to my repertoire.

One more day of work, and then I'm off until day after Christmas, but there are some pretty large projects in my way between now and the end of the day tomorrow. Let's hope Little Bit takes good naps again tomorrow so I have as much time as I need.

1 comment:

Laura B said...

Very pretty! Nice mods!