Sunday, September 9, 2007

FO: Kate

Pattern: Kate, from knitty
Yarn: Brown Sheep Lamb's Pride Worsted. I used the yarn recommended in the pattern, right down to the colors. I liked the way she looked, and I didn't want to mess it up.
Needles: I used two circulars for the body, and dpns for the legs and ears.
Mods: Instead of the recommended dpns, I used the two circular method, mostly because I thought that I could avoid laddering at the needle joints. Well, laddering still happened, and I found it fairly difficult to get the tension right with the two circulars. So, I went back to dpns for the rest of her and loved it. I guess I'm a dpn kind of gal. I also decided to not add any face decoration. I'm afraid that anything I'll add will look frankenstein-y. Best not to mess with a good blank slate.



Overall, I loved this pattern. It was easy to follow, the colors are great, the yarn is nice and much loved by my little one. We are so happy to have this rockin' kitty join our toy collection.

1 comment:

Laura B said...

What a cute fo! I'm sure that your daughter will love her to pieces!