1. Do you Knit or Crochet? For how long?
I crochet-ish. My mom taught me, but I hardly use it. Not enough time. But I do knit, pretty much every spare second. I've been knitting since Labor Day 2006, which makes this my second year. Wow.
2. Do you enjoy using metal, wooden, or some other kind of needle\hook?
I'm definitely a wooden needle kind of girl. I also like bamboo if my yarn is too slippery. I'll use metal though if I have to.
3. What are your favorite types of yarn? Any you just can't stand?
I really like pretty much any type of yarn, except the novelty stuff.
4. When it comes to cotton, are there any brands you'd love to try and haven't?
I'd like to try some cotton blends, like Cotton Fleece, or Wool Cotton. And Patagonia Nature cotton looks scrumptious.
5. When you make Dishcloths, do you use them yourself, or tend to give them as gifts?
I use them, and give them away. I love them :)
6. Do you have a favorite color? Any that you dislike?
I like the natural palette of colors, like greens, browns and blues. I also like warm reds and oranges. Yum!
7. What color(s) (if any!) are your kitchen and bath decorated in?
My kitchen is green; my bath is blue/white.
8. What are your favorite scents around the house?
9. What is your very favorite thing about summer?
Being able to leave an air-conditioned building in which I was just freezing, and to get that warm shiver you get when your body realizes it can relax because its warm out.
10. What is your least favorite thing about summer?
The things that it does to my garden. While I love the instant sauna personally, my plants just struggle to survive between mid-July and the end of September.
11. Do you use soap or body wash in the shower?
I'm a bar soap kind of girl.
12. What scents do you enjoy in the bath?
Lavender, rosemary and mint.
13. What is your favorite dishcloth pattern?
Hmmm, for knitting or for receiving? I really like knitting interesting patterns, so something with cables, or interesting lace patterns, etc. work well for me. I rarely do the same pattern twice. As far as receiving, I like it all.
14. What sort of treats do you enjoy? Sweet or Salty?
Dark chocolate. It's not really sweet or salty, but other than chocolate, I don't really snack.
15. Imagine today is one of the hottest days of the year - what do you do to keep cool? Or are you one of those folks who loves the hot weather?
Yeah, so I love the heat. But now that I've lived in Texas for a few years, I've kind of got limits to the love (the 20th day of 100+ degree weather gets old, if you know what I mean). So, to stay cool, I keep the rooms dim and watch an arctic nature movie, like March of the Penguins. ;)
16. What sorts of hobbies do you enjoy besides knitting or crocheting?
I enjoy photography and ceramics.
17. Do you collect anything (besides yarn!)
Books, maybe, but I'm trying to break that habit :)
18. Are you on Ravelry? If so, share your ID!
19. Do you have any allergies?
Not that matter here.
20. Do you have any pets?
Yes, I has two kittehs.