Saturday, February 2, 2008

I've been tagged!

Wow. It's been one humdinger of a week. And it looks like I'm going to have another one ahead of me. Hopefully, this will be it for now. Hopefully, we'll get some good news this week :) I promise I'll be much less vague soon.

Well, for blogging interest, KT has tagged me for a meme. Before I move on to that, I must rave about her Pinnacles pattern, though. I love it. It's moving along quickly (I'm already onto the second half) and the pattern doesn't get boring, but it's easy enough to follow while watching TV/movies. Everyone should knit this scarf. I cannot wait to show mine off :)

Ok, on to the meme. I guess I'm supposed to post seven random things about myself. Do you know how hard it is to come up with that many random things? They all seem perfectly normal and coherant to me... but I shall try.

1. I speak Spanish... fluently. At the age of fifteen, I somehow managed to convince my parents to let me participate in a year-long, foreign exchange program in Ecuador. (How I did this completely escapes me, but I can guarantee you that my 15-year old daughter won't get the same opportunity.) I spent a year immersed in the culture and language and managed to pick it up well enough that I was mistaken for Ecuadorian on the plane home. Sweet.

2. I am a political junkie. I love this stuff. I know I hardly ever post about it here. Politics can be rather divisive, so I'd rather have that kind of conversation face to face so I can see your reaction. But in RL, you'd be surprised about how many conversations end up involving politics. And this year in particular?! I'm loving it!

3. I love art, making art, viewing art, the creative process, etc., but until recently, I wouldn't have described myself as being artistic or creative. It's really only been through involvement at my church that I've realized that all of us have a bit of the Creative in us. (Whew! 4 more to go!! gah!)

4. I am a tea-a-holic. I love tea... specifically hot tea. One of my (many) college jobs was working at the Elmwood Inn first as a tea server, then as their weekend office assistant. When I got the job, I avoided tea at all costs. However, it's hard to resist a warm pot of tea after a hard afternoon's work. It wasn't long until I had learned the ins-and-outs of green tea vs. black tea vs. herbal infusions. And I was bringing home samples... and well, now, let's just say that tea makes me happy :)

5. I am dark kind of girl. I like dark chocolate, dark beer, dark wine, dark bread, dark humor, dark music (minor keys), dark colors,dark coffee roasts...

6. I am a very picky eater. And if I get it into my mind that I don't like something, I'm probably not going to try it. This has led me to be a "convenient vegetarian" as that helps me politely refuse to try some mystery meat. In fact, there are certain members of my family who believe that I am a vegetarian and so don't even offer me meat dishes now. Score!

7. I am a word collector. Well, maybe not words, exactly, but how they are pronounced. So, if I like the way you say a word (or phrase), it's very likely that you'll hear me repeating it to myself, storing it away for future use. Some people have thought that I'm making fun of how they say it, but really, I just like the way it sounds. I think it's amazing that we all speak the same language but have so many different ways of expressing ourselves. Language is so fascinating!

Well, that's seven. Now I have to tag others. Who do I know reads my blog (and didn't tag me)... hmmm. I tag Jo (who's in the process of a destash - check it out!) and Diane.

Project 365 pics will be uploaded shortly, but the babe is awake. I must run! Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

No comments: